Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I Miss You, Snow

I'm originally from Utah, and have relocated out here to Texas with my husband after we finished school about a year and a half ago. We are slowly getting accustomed to the Texas ways, but weather is by far the biggest thing that we are having a difficult time getting used to. During the summers here I swear that I cannot live in Texas any more, let alone another July. But by November I absolutely LOVE it here. Though I think I will always call Utah my home.

I had the opportunity to go back to Utah for the Christmas holiday. I loved spending time with family, but I made sure that I fit into our busy schedules a trip into the mountains. The mouth of the canyon is only a couple miles from my house--which I unfortunately always took for granted when I lived there. So one afternoon just before sunset, my husband and I put on our snow gear, grabbed our cameras, and trekked out. There was no limit to the breathtaking beauty of the canyon covered in snow. The hardest part was finding a place to pull over on the side of the road. After our much-too-brief shoot, (ended by the setting sun, not the cold), we found a steep hill without trees, climbed up as high as we could, and slid down on our backsides. Over, and over, and over. It was a great memory for me.

So here is a glimpse at a couple of pictures that I took. I hope you get a look into the ultimate serenity that snow can provide.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home