Monday, January 25, 2010

Myrtle's Hands

My first impression of Gilda was her utter excitement and complete boldness. She has a goal, and nothing is going to get in her way. Her story:

Gilda (I absolutely love her name) had just started a non-profit in New Orleans when Katrina hit. She them moved to Dallas and that is where she has stayed. Instead of giving up her dreams, she has started again, working from the ground up to rebuild her organization. Myrtle's Hands is a non-profit that helps people in some of the most devestating circumstances. Too often people lose loved ones, and too often these people don't have the money to give them a proper burial. That is where Gilda with Myrtle's Hands comes in. She is striving to raise money to help those less fortunate to bury their dead. They also offer grief counselling.

Gilda confronted me while I was working at Alley's House (see post below) where she works as a cleaning lady. My first thought, sadly, was that I really didn't need more on my plate, and that I had already done my good for the year. But then she told me her story. And her excitement and complete determination shined through, and there is no way I could say no. She is working for such a great cause! And no one can say no to Gilda, I am finding out. And I have loved working with her to reach her goals.

Myrtle's Hands is holding a Bachelor's Auction to raise money. And I had the opportunity to photograph some of those wonderful bachelors for their posters. For just a sneak peak, here are two of the bachelors that are participating in the auction. And what models! They were so fun to work with and we had such a great time. The lucky ladies that bid on these two are in for a great time, no doubt.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
I will also be photographing at the event. So for anyone who is going to be in the Dallas area on February 11th, the auction is going to be held at Chocolate Secrets (mmmm) on Oak Lawn. The entrance fee is $25 and is going towards a great charity. So come out! Not to mention all the handsome bachelors that are going to be in attendance! Let me know if anyone is interested, and I can get you some tickets.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home