Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Gifts

Photobucket He spits when he's happy. And next Thursday my little Zack will be 6 months old. What a blessing it is to have him in our lives. Five weeks before he was due, I contracted a serious (intensive care-type serious) pneumonia. After about 24 hours of fighting the breathing and contractions, I went to the doctor, who rushed me over to the hospital. After some tests and x-rays, my OB-GYN said I had the highest white blood cell count she had ever seen, and the radiologist had never seen pneumonia so bad. After they got my vitals stabilized, they couldn't stop the contractions, and we were to welcome our little baby into the world early. All we could do was hope that the pneumonia hadn't reached his little premature lungs. After he was born, the silent infant was handed directly over to the waiting nurses and neonatologist. I held him for about a minute before he was whisked away into the NICU. Whew! All this to say that we had a happy, healthy, 6 lb. 1 oz. baby boy. The hardest part was picking out a name, since we thought we had 5 more weeks to decide. And after 7 days at the hospital, we were able to welcome him into our home. (Only to move two weeks later!) And although our nights are often still sleepless, and both my husband and I are suffering from dizzy-spells brought on my exhaustion, there isn't anywhere I'd rather be or anyone I'd rather be with. What an angel!

2 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

What a cute picture of little Zack. He is darling. We're glad that he is doing so well and I can hardly believe that he is 6 months old.

February 3, 2010 at 6:31 PM  
Blogger Kerstin Daynes said...

A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E!!!!!!!!!!

February 3, 2010 at 8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home