Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Oh, Please, Please, Please!

And as my daughter would say, "I willy willy want to..."

This is interesting. Our society, or country, our world.... You've got to already HAVE success to BECOME successful. You've got to BE really good at what you do to BECOME really good at what you do. You've got to HAVE money to MAKE money.

HUH? Am I missing something? And the answer is a big, resounding, YES!

WPPI. The Wedding and Portrait Photographers International. They've got the brains, the talent, the industry's leading edge. And they are sharing it. In March. In Las Vegas. Over "12,000 attendees and 365 exhibitors." Oh how I want to go! I can afford the hotel. Excalibur, right across the street from the MGM Grand (where this is being held.), only $46 a night. No car or taxi needed. I know where the McDonald's is in the Luxor so I can eat cheap to save money. My husband works for an airline (I know, lucky me), so I've got the flight that will get me there. My husband is going to be away on business the entire week, and I was already planning on staying with my mom so she can help out with the children. Voila. Instant babysitter. I've already read through every platform class. Business, Photoshop, Portrait, Lighting, Posing.... (Yes, I'm salivating.) I almost pulled out a piece of paper to map out which classes I would go to and when. (And I still might, just for the rush.)

And then when in my state of bliss, my world cam crashing down. It was like I was running full speed in a race, the wind in my hair, the biggest smile on my face. I was in first place. And then I turned my head for just a minute. Maybe to look at the camera and smile, I'm not really sure why. And SMACK! I ran straight into a brick wall. What is that brick wall? $399 registration fee. Dang.

And who helped me up off the ground, where I laid in a heaping mess? Lawrence Chan of Tofurious. He's got a photography blog where he shares his thoughts and ideas on the wonderful industry of photography. He's even got a blog template that I swear every photographer has. I downloaded it, too. Oops. But I haven't had time to get it up and running yet. He is one of the vendors that is going to be at the Trade Show during the WPPI conference. And he has 10 tickets that he's giving away.

You may be saying, "Oh wow, that's perfect!" And it could be perfect. I would say he is my "knight in shining armor", but I don't think my husband would like that very much. But I'm just one of many vying for one of his coveted tickets. I'll be sending him my post link for consideration. And then I'll be holding my breath until Saturday, when he makes his final decision.

So I'm hoping that Lawrence can be my "Simon Cowell" of American Idol. You know, the show that gives people a chance at fame? For those people that don't have "money to make money." They've just got the talent and the drive. Well, I think I've got the talent and the drive, I'm just lacking in the worldly aspect of moo-la. So please, hand me that ticket so I can run around, jumping up and down like an idiot. Because I will.

6 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

February 10, 2010 at 3:52 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Oh and I think that you should record the dance if you do get the ticket.

February 10, 2010 at 3:52 PM  
Anonymous Linda said...

Cute blog. You deserve to go. I hope you make it!

February 12, 2010 at 7:38 PM  
Blogger Angel Gray Photography said...

congratulations!

February 16, 2010 at 10:12 AM  
Anonymous Betsy, La Vida said...

Congrats! WPPI offers soooo much, both in the classroom and outside the classroom. You're going to love it!

February 16, 2010 at 10:45 AM  
Anonymous Nate said...

Congrats! Viva Las Vegas. I hope you enjoy WPPI.

February 16, 2010 at 11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home