Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Aaah!

After too many LONG days of WAITING. The day finally came. I opened my e-mail this morning, little Zack in my arms. Saw the e-mail from Lawrence Chan, and held my breath while clicking on the message. It was too long of a let down, I thought. He talked about how everyone had great entries, it was hard to choose, he wished he had enough tickets for everyone, etc, etc, etc. "I get it." I thought, "That's okay." I must have been included in the list of people that didn't win a ticket to the WPPI convention. And then at the bottom of the link, it said to click to see the winners.

"Huh, I wonder who won." I also desperately hoped that maybe, just maybe, my name would be listed. I read the first name, the second name... I continued to scroll down. I was set up for disappointment. And then I read, "Kalli Barker". I read it again, "Kalli Barker". I scrolled to the top to make sure I was looking at the winners. Yes, I was. And then I scrolled back down again, "Kalli Barker" was listed among the winners! He quoted part of my post, "You’ve got to HAVE money to MAKE money…lacking in the worldly aspect of moo-la." And then he replied, "I’ve been there, done that. The part that sucks is that it’s true. I like your inexorable determination. See you around in March!" Not until I read the, "See you around in March!" did I fully grasp that I REALLY won and I am REALLY going to WPPI. (And I am just about to look up "inexorable".)

The weirdest, high pitched, "Da-da-da-da-da!" came out of my mouth. (I've been around my babies too much.) And then I ran to grab my phone and call my sweet husband. Who all week was trying to make sure I didn't get too let down if I didn't win. That NOT winning was an option. But it wasn't an option to me. I then called my mom, who sweetly requested that I get Zack sleeping through the night before I drop them by her place.

And now, here I am. Still sitting in my pajamas, a neat seven pages of 10 pt font, 0 margins printed off of all the classes that I have the opportunity to attend. How I will choose, I have no idea.

So here is another wonderful thank you, to Lawrence Chan of Tofurious. Who could have found 10 deserving friends to give his tickets to, but instead opened it up to the world, to complete strangers. It was probably a genious marketing move, and I'm sure his site traffic has gone through the roof. But I am still grateful to his creativity and generosity. SEE YOU IN VEGAS, BABY!

3 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

I want to see the video of the high pitched noise you made. I have a smile on my face for you. Congratulations!! How exciting to win something you really want.

February 16, 2010 at 1:40 PM  
Blogger Kalli said...

Haha. Unfortunately there is no video. I was alone at home with the kids, and Mackay isn't proficient at working the video camera yet. And I was in my pajamas still.

February 16, 2010 at 4:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Husband phone call - check.

Find baby-sitter - check.

Pick classes - doh.

:)

I assure you it was not a marketing ploy ;) I have been very lucky to find people to help me in my business. I only wish to do the same for others.

Congratulations again! Now don't stress out; worst case, throw darts at the print out and those are the classes!

February 17, 2010 at 1:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home